12/20/2005

Odds & ends

Now that it's off the front page at Neumu I'll go ahead and post my 2005 top ten list here, just so it's on the site:

  • Animal Collective, Feels (Fat Cat)
  • Blood on the Wall, Awesomer (The Social Registry)
  • Edan, Beauty and the Beat (Lewis)
  • The Hold Steady, Separation Sunday (Frenchkiss)
  • Isolee, Wearemonster (Playhouse)
  • M.A.N.D.Y., Body Language Vol. 1 (Get Physical)
  • M.I.A., Arular (XL/Interscope)
  • Optimo, Psyche Out (Eskimo)
  • Vitalic, OK Cowboy (PIAS)
  • Paul Wall, The Peoples Champ (Swishahouse/Atlantic)

In honor of OK Cowboy's imminent U.S. release here's some twisted French house to whet your appetite:

Vitalic - "No Fun"

And of course as soon as I hit send on the full list I thought of dozens of other things I wanted to mention, the most egregious omissions being Jamie Lidell's "Multiply" for the singles list and Dungen (Mercury Lounge) for live shows. Also, leaving LCD Soundsystem off completely was sorta bogus, especially if you count the second disc of all the old singles. I listened to that way more than The Juan Maclean ....