2/28/2006

Trickle-down theory

When I first stumbled on Sunburned Hand of the Man I thought I had found the ultimate motherlode of skull-busting improv motorik hippie space noise, with an almost limitless catalog of LPs and CD-R's to dig into. They shifted direction somewhat right when I was getting into them (Rare Wood and No Magic Man are more amplified, more chaotic), but the records that initially hooked me -- Headdress and especially Jaybird -- never fail to lay it on thick. Sunburned's records are often limited editions, but can be found at places like Eclipse, Father Yod, and Fusetron.



Jaybird (Manhand CD-R 2001, Qbico LP 2002)

Sunburned Hand of the Man - "The Jaybird"



Headdress (Records LP 2002)

Sunburned Hand of the Man - "Headdress"

Sunburned Hand of the Man - "Yes, Your Highness"