5/01/2007

Derby mix


Something a little different -- this is a playlist I burned for some friends to jam during their trip to Lousville for this Saturday's Kentucky Derby. Rather than upload the whole thing I'm just dishing out a couple key tracks. Be sure to grab the Beach Boys song down below, too, if you didn't get it yet ... I think that one kicked off one of my mixes years ago and it always gives me that electric beginning-of-summer feeling ...

Better grab some bourbon, watch some races and get ready to make some picks ...

The J.B.'s - Blow Your Head
Vampire Sound Inc. - The Lions and the Cucumber
The Easybeats - Friday on My Mind
The Pointer Sisters - Pinball Number Count
Stevie Wonder - I Was Made to Love Her
Chubby Checker - My Mind
Pere Ubu - Street Waves
Lifter Puller - Kool NYC
Polvo - Sure Shot
The Stooges - Down on the Street
Sonic Youth - Jams Run Free
The Vaselines - Molly's Lips
Times New Viking - Not High
Marnie Stern - Put All Your Eggs in One Basket Then Watch That Basket!!!!
Margo Thunders - Expressway to Your Heart

Edit: Great race!